Friday, February 18, 2011

The San Vicente Stakes

Not a lot of time to post today, but I am curious how the race will unfold for the San Vicente Stakes on Sunday at Santa Anita.

Everyone is buzzing about The Factor and has the chance to impress me considering I haven't taken time to watch or read much about this horse.  If The Factor performs well I may have to include him in my next Top 10 list.  As for now, he's on the outside looking in.  Maybe I'm just a little skeptical of the California horses after last weeks losses by Comma to the Top and Tapizar.  The Tapizar showing may be linked to his retreat from the Derby Trail earlier this week after it was discovered he has a knee chip.

The Factor is challenged by several other possible Derby contenders who are fighting for stakes earnings to get into the field.  I'm wondering if Premier Pegasus is going to hold his own with The Factor.  I'm going to sit on the rail and not make a pick for this race since I'm not familiar with the favorites or the field.  Don't be surprised if you hear a lot more about The Factor if he has a dazzling performance Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment